Saturday, August 30, 2008

Swimming!

       To those of you who frequently check this blog, I apologize for not updating it for so long. I have been having some difficulties with my google account, but I think I have everything worked out now. Sorry for the delay friends. :) Here's some of what's been going on...

       The staff and I have been praying a lot about what is best for Phi Boone at this time. He has done some things that have made it very clear that he is a lot smarter then people give him credit for. It has been about five years since they had him tested and Ron thought it would be a good idea to have him tested again. Baan Immanuel supports an orphanage in Chiang Mai that takes care of special needs kids similar to Phi Boone. They go to a school where they are very well cared for. Two of Baan Immanuel's staff members actually work at the school. Last Sunday, P'Nu, Phi Boone, and I drove down to Chiang Mai and took Phi Boone to this school to be tested. He was very excited to meet all the faculty and kids at the school and made it very clear to us that he wants to go there. The school, however, felt that it would be better for him to come back for the next semester, as the current one only has about a month and a half left. This gives the staff, and all of you, some time to pray. Pray for wisdom for the staff. This would be good for Phi Boone because he would get schooling and physcial therapy by trained people, but the Lord knows what Phi Boone needs most and this may not be it. So pray for him and the staff and Ron to really hear from the Lord about what to do.
       This past week has been very hot and humid and was actually the first full five days that it didn't rain once since I've been here. Once a month, all the other orphanages that Baan Immanuel supports come together for a weekend of fellowship. We had planned on taking all the kids to the Chiang Rai Zoo, but since it was so hot, we decided to take the kids to the Huaymaesai Waterfall to cool down. The kids were so excited! Here are some pictures from yesterday...



Thanks for praying guys :)
Mulch

3 comments:

Juanyatsea said...

thats awesome mulch keep doing what you are doing. and i will dig into some prayer time.

can't wait to hear more prayer requests and reports

Unknown said...

hey mulch!
man, i miss being there! I've been praying for you guys a lot and felt led to pray for Boonie this morning, so thats cool. Its been super hard to get back in the swing of things here. I think that it will bless you to not have much to do when you get home. I find myself wanting way more down time than I have, but the Lord is faithful to sustain. I cant believe its september already! Is time going faster or still the same? I miss you Mulch! prayin for ya all the time. give the kids a hug for me and tell P Fear I miss her a lot. keep drawing near to Jesus friend, you're doing awesome!!!

Rhia Papaya said...

AHHH! those pictures are so awesome friend! they blessed me a lot :]
all those children are so precious!

I still can't believe how amazingly the Lord has been using you! We are still praying! You're doing greatttt :] hooray for the home stretch!
1 Cor, 16:13-14 and Psalm 119:105-112